Share your "finding out" stories!

6 posts last post by Bryna 4 months ago

Samantha
❤️ Loved
Threads: 64
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
I remember with my first it was SUPER scary! I was super young and had NO idea what I was doing. But I figured it out, took a long time but I did. You just have to! It is amazing how sometimes we feel like we can't do it then we just figure it out by nature! I was only with my partner for just over a year and thought No way. I can't do this! But we did! What about you? How did you feel when you found out you were expecting for the first time?
link

Samantha
❤️ Loved
Threads: 64
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
I was 20 and I had no idea what I was doing. I basically raised my siblings but I had NO idea how to take care of my own child especially when it was a 24 hour gig. I found out I was pregnant told my younger sister who was just 15 and said ok what do I do haha. I told sean [my husband but we weren't married then] and I was TERRIFIED. We were scared but after telling family and a few friends we started feeling a little better. We didn't have much money. We had a tiny apartment with nothing much in it. We had the support of the people in our life and we just went for it. Super scary and I had no idea how much my life would change! My body was changing, I felt different. I didn't know ANYTHING about anything but I just kinda figured it out! I have three kids and I still don't have it all figured out! I think we all feel "scared" at first and we feel like we can't do it. But we can. We were created to do this.
link
TaylorC1992
🙌 Blessed
Threads: 1
TaylorC1992
Due September 22, 2020

4 months ago
I had been feeling super off for a couple of days, extra tired, moody and sensitive. I had this feeling in my gut to take a pregnancy test, had my boyfriend at the time (now fiancé) pick one up for me on his way home. I took the test, waited the time looked at it and just said, ummmm I think its positive. There was a moment when it didn't seem real, so I took a few more cause you can never be too sure. I felt so overwhelmed with excitement but also so unbelievably nervous for the unknown that comes with having kids. I feel so lucky to have a sister to count on to help me through this new journey along with friends and other family members.
link
Sarah
✨ Fabulous
Threads: 0
Sarah

4 months ago
We had been trying to get pregnant with no luck so far. We went on a camping trip and went to some hot springs where I ended up falling and busting my knee up pretty bad. In the ER they ran a pregnancy test before doing an X-ray and it was negative. A few days later after getting home from our camping trip it became evident that my knee was pretty infected so I headed to urgent care to have it checked out. As usual they asked when my last period was and it was over 30 days so they ran another pregnancy test just three days after the last negative one. The PA came back with the test in a biohazard bag with a big ol smile like guess what this means. My brain was totally blank and I didn’t comprehend what she was saying until my mom who had driven me jumped up excitedly and starting crying happy tears!!! They were so kind and gave us some time so I could call my husband and share the new before treating my knee. It was my Father in law birthday too so we’ll always remember it! And now I have a beautiful and energetic 3.5 year old!
link
Cora
💤 Tired
Threads: 2
Cora
| 2 kids

4 months ago
The night we found out had we gone on a double date with friends (to see 21 Jump Street) and then we ran into them at Walmart afterwards. We walked down the pregnancy test isle while our men were talking about video games. I mentioned that my period was late and she suggested that I take a test. I bought one and took it later that night and it was POSITIVE! I was about 6 weeks at that time. My husband and I were in shock and so excited! I remember saying over and over "is this real"? My daughter Olivia is now 7 1/2 and I could not imagine life without her <3 When I found out I was pregnant the second time I was feeling off and my skin was doing things it had only done when I was pregnant. I was working as a cashier and was going to run home see my husband and daughter on my lunch break. I asked my husband to run to the dollar store and pick up a pregnancy test for when I got home. I hurried home and took the test and it was positive! It was hard returning back to work only a while after finding out. I had so many emotions. I was very excited and nervous. My daughter was not even 1.5 when we found out. My son Vincent just turned 5 and he is my little sweetheart!
link
Bryna
Threads: 0
Bryna

4 months ago
With my first i found out at 4 weeks. My ***** were sore, I could smell things that no one else could. I was talking with my friend and she had been joking around telling i think you're pregnant. So i went and bought a test. That next morning as I was getting ready for work decided to let the test sit while i got ready. As i got done I remember looking down and thinking oh sh*t what am I going to do. My husband was sound asleep and the second I opened that door he woke up and asked me. He was in such shock he just sat there. Didn't say anything. Tell later that night lol. She's now 5. With my second I had been having health problems from what i thought was still associated with my miscarriage that i had at the end of July. So i finally broke down and went to urgent care in September for what i thought was a UTI. The doctor asked me a whole bunch of questions and i could see a light bulb turn on. At that point she asked me if i was pregnant and i told her no there was no way i could be. She ran the tests and sure enough i was 9 weeks pregnant. She there was a 10% chance that i could've gotten pregnant right after my miscarriage and i did. I was so nervous and scared hoping that everything with the baby would be ok. My husband nor i could believe we were pregnant again. Now shes a healthy 5 week old. Both times i was do nervous but the best things that have ever happened to me😍
link
Latest Posts
It’s on my maybe a place
Samantha | 1 day ago
I lived there for a couple yea
Krysta | 1 day ago
I have not seen ugly betty! Bu
Samantha | 1 day ago
Right nothing like that in cen
Samantha | 2 days ago
We’re definitely in the
Krysta | 2 days ago
Latest Threads
Midnight Sun Book Chat!
Samantha | 8 days ago
Things NOT to say to a pregnant person
Samantha | 8 days ago
What is everyone watching on Hulu?
Samantha | 8 days ago
TV Show Suggestions
Krysta | 8 days ago
Anything goes with samantha Episode 23
Samantha | 10 days ago
Categories
General Chat Birth Months Getting Pregnant Pregnancy Baby's First Year Ages & Milestones Family Relationships Health & Self Help Birth Workers Samantha's Podcast Chat
Contact The Admin
Need help with something?
Contact The Admin

Amazon Shop
Blooming Bath Lotus - Baby Bath
Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Baby Bottle 4Pk
Organic Bamboo Nursing Breast Pads - 14
Podcast
Podcast image
Listen Now

Giveaways
$25.00 Dutch Bros Gift card - Cryssi R. [Winner]
25-dutch-bros-gift-card
Enter the Giveaway!
You Go Glenn Coco!

Parenting

motherhood is anything but glamorous. it's 9:30pm. my four and two year old are still up waiting for dinner watching avatar with daddy who's currently fairly bedridden. my ten month old is screaming for mommy. mommy now gets to nurse while going potty for second time today. yay.

0 1 9

Relationships

Maintaining friendships feels like a full time job lately. Sometimes I question if having friends is worth it sometimes.

0 0 5

Parenting

It sucks being a single parent of child with a disorder, specifically for me, ODD. I am regretting being a parent. And that is a sucky feeling.

0 0 8