Depression while being stuck at home

4 posts last post by Samantha 5 months ago

Samantha
❤️ Loved
Threads: 64
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

6 months ago

I am STRUGGLING. I can FEEL the anxiety on my chest like a HUGE weight. I love leaving and going to the park, the library, out to eat. I do love being home and I understand not being able to leave during this time but it's been hard. My kids miss their friends I feel like so many things are being taken away. YES I do feel SUPER grateful to have so much but at the same time change is hard. I have depression already so I will have to deal with that but this virus is kicking me down hard WHILE I am already down.

Any advice? how are you feeling?

link

Taylor
Threads: 0
Taylor

6 months ago

My anxiety is at an all time high which then leads to days of feeling drained and irritable and depressed because my body get so exhausted from the constant adrenaline.. today was a depressed day.. I woke up and could hardly get myself out of bed.. with two toddlers, that's not an option. I struggled through this morning and decided after naps, we were getting in the car, getting some caffeine and good food (supporting local 😉) and finding some grass and sun away from people and just being out of the house. Drake park was where we ended up and honestly it was amazing. There were people around but everyone was very careful about the 6 foot rule, the girls got to run around and watch the geese, I got to sit and bask in the sun and the noise of other humans. Everything felt semi normal for a couple hours and my mental health is restored (for now.)

Staying home is KEY to getting this virus out of our community so we can all go back to normal sooner rather than later, but that doesnt mean you cant at least just drive around, or go support your favorite local coffee shop (with hand sanitizer) and find a secluded place outside, and just breathe. Something about just getting away from your house makes you forget for even just a minute the world isn't in shambles right now💜
Oh and TURN OFF YOUR PHONE. All the updates will be there later. We deserve to bury our heads and forget for a few hours a day at least.

Stay healthy💜 mentally and physically

link
Chelsea
Threads: 0
Chelsea

5 months ago

I totally agree with nothing being wrong with going outside just to breathe! Unfortunately, there are two parks in close proximity to where we live and my 4-year-old son knows which direction they are in so when we go outside we can no longer walk in that direction without him throwing a massive fit about not being able to walk to the park anymore. :( So, now we have to make do with the backyard. It definitely sucks that's for sure.

link
Samantha
❤️ Loved
Threads: 64
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

5 months ago
Chelsea wrote

I totally agree with nothing being wrong with going outside just to breathe! Unfortunately, there are two parks in close proximity to where we live and my 4-year-old son knows which direction they are in so when we go outside we can no longer walk in that direction without him throwing a massive fit...

I feel this! The parks used to be a go to but now that they are taped off being home can feel so isolating even popping outside in the yard! Just not the same

link
Latest Threads
Midnight Sun Book Chat!
Samantha | 1 day ago
Things NOT to say to a pregnant person
Samantha | 2 days ago
What is everyone watching on Hulu?
Samantha | 2 days ago
TV Show Suggestions
Krysta | 2 days ago
Anything goes with samantha Episode 23
Samantha | 4 days ago
Categories
General Chat Birth Months Getting Pregnant Pregnancy Baby's First Year Ages & Milestones Family Relationships Health & Self Help Birth Workers Samantha's Podcast Chat
Contact The Admin
Need help with something?
Contact The Admin

Amazon Shop
Little Tikes Ice Princess Magic Mirror
Squad Hero Rechargeable Laser Tag Set
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Mega Gemstone Dig Kit
Podcast
Podcast image
Listen Now

You Go Glenn Coco!

All

i’m over quarantine i’m losing my damn mind!

3 6 2

All

Social distancing is making me realize even more how I have no friends. I hear from people only when they need me or need something from me. It's a good time to focus on family.

0 9 0

Parenting

I suck at being a mom sometimes. I feel like I push them away and tell them to go away when I really just want a minute alone. Then I feel bad about it later.

0 1 3