Coping with depression and being a mom

3 posts last post by Samantha 5 months ago

Samantha
🔮 Predictable
Threads: 58
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

5 months ago

I have depression and anxiety and it can have a huge impact on how I parent sometimes. I feel like sometimes I shut down and struggle with finding that balance. I love my family but sometimes I just want to be left alone so I can try to manage my emotions and feelings. How do you cope? I try to just remove myself and go lay down until I feel better but sometimes it just isn't enough!

link

Mikayla
Threads: 0
Mikayla

5 months ago

I always feel better when I can step away to collect myself. Typically driving to grab a coffee or doing a grocery run by myself helps. I’ve recently starting getting up before everyone else so I can have quiet time to flow into my day rather than waking up with the girls and just going. I typically do affirmations, yoga, enjoy my coffee/ tea and do my skincare in this time.

link
Samantha
🔮 Predictable
Threads: 58
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

5 months ago
Mikayla wrote

I always feel better when I can step away to collect myself. Typically driving to grab a coffee or doing a grocery run by myself helps. I’ve recently starting getting up before everyone else so I can have quiet time to flow into my day rather than waking up with the girls and just going. I typically...

I REALLY want to get into yoga! How do you shut down though in order to focus? that is a big problem of mine.

link
Latest Threads
Ask and answer Monday ...
Samantha | 19 days ago
Baby name help
Jane | 20 days ago
Anything goes with Sam...
Samantha | 21 days ago
September 22nd
TaylorC1992 | 29 days ago
Ask and answer Monday ...
Samantha | 2 mo ago
Categories
Birth Months Getting Pregnant Pregnancy Baby's First Year Ages & Milestones Family Relationships Health & Self Help Birth Workers Samantha's Podcast Chat
Contact The Admin
Need help with something?
Contact The Admin

Amazon Shop
MK Signature Leather Small Satchel Handbag
Leather and signature PVC with gold-tone hardware Unlined interior Interior 3 compartment with mi...
Skip Hop Moby Non-Slip Baby Bath Mat
Non-slip, textured material All-over suction cups keep bath mat in place Perforations for drainag...
Kazoo Wooden Rocking Zebra
Meet kazoo: a plush ride on toy in the style of a classic wooden rocking horse, but with a plush ...
Podcast
Podcast image
Listen Now

Giveaways
$30.00 Target Gift card
target-giftcard
Enter the Giveaway!
You Go Glenn Coco!

Parenting

It sucks being a single parent of child with a disorder, specifically for me, ODD. I am regretting being a parent. And that is a sucky feeling.

0 0 8

Holidays

In laws durning the holidays.. it’s not that I don’t care for them.. but I get extra anxiety being around them.. Please tell me I’m not the only one!

0 7 0

All

I’m tired of being everything for everyone else. Sometimes I just want the time to breath and remember who I am.

1 1 6