Login Register
Home
Forum Podcast Confessions Amazon Shop Giveaways

Connect

Welcome to Your Parenting and Support Community

I am a huge book nerd so let's add all of the books!

15 posts last post by Sherry 5 months ago

Samantha
❤️ Loved
Threads: 64
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
Here you can share your favorite books or any new books you may be reading! I am a huge book nerd so I am always looking for something new to read when I can! I like VARIETY! Fantasy, crime, romance, self help, sci-fi, thriller, you name it!
link

Katie
Threads: 0
Katie

7 months ago
One of my favorite reads was Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris. When Framboise Simon returns to a small village on the banks of the Loire, the locals do not recognize her as the daughter of the infamous woman they hold responsible for a tragedy during the German occupation years ago. But the past and present are inextricably entwined, particularly in a scrapbook of recipes and memories that Framboise has inherited from her mother. And soon Framboise will realize that the journal also contains the key to the tragedy that indelibly marked that summer of her ninth year. . . .
link
Samantha
❤️ Loved
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
Katie wrote
One of my favorite reads was Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris. When Framboise Simon returns to a small village on the banks of the Loire, the locals do not recognize her as the daughter of the infamous woman they hold responsible for a tragedy during the German occupation years ago. ...
This sounds super interesting! Thank you so much for the suggestion! Now that the mornings are getting warmer I am looking for more books to sit out front with a blanket!
link
Jessica
💤 Tired
Jessica

7 months ago
Ooh! One of my favorites is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. The Thone of Glass and Court of Thorns and Rose's by Sarah J Maas. Jenny Lawsons books are laugh out loud hilarious, Let's Pretend This Never Happened and Furiously Happy (the second one deals with a lot of mental health too.. but while addressing the serious topic still finding the humor. She has recently started an online book club I joined that promises strange & bizarre books every month.) Stephen King's IT really reignited my love of reading and getting attached to characters. Good Omes by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett is great... Those are my favorite most recent reads anyway..
link
Samantha
❤️ Loved
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
Jessica wrote
Ooh! One of my favorites is The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. The Thone of Glass and Court of Thorns and Rose's by Sarah J Maas. Jenny Lawsons books are laugh out loud hilarious, Let's Pretend This Never Happened and Furiously Happy (the second one deals with a lot of mental health too.. but whi...
Thanks for the suggestions! I really kinda want to join a book club!
link
Jessica
💤 Tired
Jessica

7 months ago
Samantha wrote
Thanks for the suggestions! I really kinda want to join a book club!
I like the idea of book clubs, having someone to discuss it with, but the pressure to read in a timeline/be social/contribute to intelligent conversation scares me away. I like this one because it's all online, you have the choice to be involved or just lurk. Join the conversation whenever you are ready, no need to all be in the same place in the book. Plus my inner nerd gets excited that she do far has managed to get us signed books. And every now and then we get swag from her bookstore, if the cost of the book is less than the flat rate monthly price.
link
Samantha
❤️ Loved
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
Jessica wrote
I like the idea of book clubs, having someone to discuss it with, but the pressure to read in a timeline/be social/contribute to intelligent conversation scares me away. I like this one because it's all online, you have the choice to be involved or just lurk. Join the conversation whenever you are r...
That’s how I am! The pressure of finishing a book on time when I’m already stretched thin. That’s awesome it’s online so you can just jump in! I wonder if they have any monthly book suggestion boxes that would be fun!
link

Jessica
💤 Tired
Jessica

7 months ago
Samantha wrote
That’s how I am! The pressure of finishing a book on time when I’m already stretched thin. That’s awesome it’s online so you can just jump in! I wonder if they have any monthly book suggestion boxes that would be fun!
I dont know about monthly subscriptions, but you can still follow along with the club without being a member. Just get the book on your own and join the conversation. She may develop something in the future, right now shes still building her bookstore in Texas, and the club is helping create revenue before they are open for business. Also supporting authors because buying 2000 books at once is a huge help to them also.
link
Samantha
❤️ Loved
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
Jessica wrote
I dont know about monthly subscriptions, but you can still follow along with the club without being a member. Just get the book on your own and join the conversation. She may develop something in the future, right now shes still building her bookstore in Texas, and the club is helping create revenu...
That is so cool! Is that the group you tagged me in on insta? If so I will definitely get in there and follow! i need to make more time for me to read and wind down. It's been hard trying to find that balance!
link
Sherry
😃 Happy
Threads: 1
Sherry

7 months ago
My favorite book is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I highly recommend it!
link
Sherry
😃 Happy
Sherry

7 months ago
My favorite parenting book was How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk. Excellent book!!
link
Samantha
❤️ Loved
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
Sherry wrote
My favorite book is The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I highly recommend it!
You know I JUST saw this book on amazon recommended! It looks great I am going to get it. I love a good female empowerment book! [if i understood correctly]
link
Sherry
😃 Happy
Sherry

7 months ago
Samantha wrote
You know I JUST saw this book on amazon recommended! It looks great I am going to get it. I love a good female empowerment book! [if i understood correctly]
Yes it is!
link

Samantha
❤️ Loved
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

7 months ago
Sherry wrote
My favorite parenting book was How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk. Excellent book!!
I was THINKING this was it but I wasn't sure! I actually found these books today online and I saw they have one for different ages which is great. I want to get it because I am struggling being a parent is tough! They even have a How to talk so teens will listen too which I am sure ill need in a few years!
link
Sherry
😃 Happy
Sherry

5 months ago
Katie wrote
One of my favorite reads was Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris. When Framboise Simon returns to a small village on the banks of the Loire, the locals do not recognize her as the daughter of the infamous woman they hold responsible for a tragedy during the German occupation years ago. ...
Sounds like a good book, I'll have to check it out! Thank you
link
Latest Posts
LOVED sweet magnolias! The end
Samantha | 1 day ago
Yay me too! I just poured a glass
Samantha | 4 days ago
Ready to dive in to the first 3 c
Sarah | 5 days ago
Exactly! Why are people they way
Samantha | 5 days ago
Then you'd love Sweet Magnolias!!
Krysta | 6 days ago
Latest Threads
Midnight Sun Book Chat!
Samantha | 6 days ago
Things NOT to say to a pregnant person
Samantha | 6 days ago
What is everyone watching on Hulu?
Samantha | 6 days ago
TV Show Suggestions
Krysta | 6 days ago
Anything goes with samantha Episode 23
Samantha | 7 days ago
Categories
General Chat Birth Months Getting Pregnant Pregnancy Baby's First Year Ages & Milestones Family Relationships Health & Self Help Birth Workers Samantha's Podcast Chat
Contact The Admin
Need help with something?
Contact The Admin

Amazon Shop
Baby Brezza Safe & Smart, Electric Warmer
The Wondrous Workings of Planet Earth
MiClassic All mesh 2in1 Stationary&Rock Bassinet
Podcast
Podcast image
Listen Now

You Go Glenn Coco!

Parenting

sometimes i feel like a bad mom when i get upset with my kids but sometimes i just have really bad days.

0 0 4

All

i’m ready for this rona crap to be done with. let’s wrap this shit up!!!

2 5 0

Parenting

motherhood is anything but glamorous. it's 9:30pm. my four and two year old are still up waiting for dinner watching avatar with daddy who's currently fairly bedridden. my ten month old is screaming for mommy. mommy now gets to nurse while going potty for second time today. yay.

0 0 9