Login Register
Home
Forum Podcast Confessions Amazon Shop Giveaways

Connect

Welcome to Your Parenting and Support Community

What are the other dads and partners doing during the quarantine?

3 posts last post by GDad 3 months ago

GDad
💤 Tired
Threads: 3
GDad

3 months ago

Hey, anyone have any good ideas during this time, maybe some fun things to do with the kids and partner? I work from home already and I don't go out much, so this quarantine hasn't affected me in the ways it's affected other parents.

Any other dads or partners share this same situation? Maybe it's a different situation? Has anyone had to go into the office and now is working from home full time - is it hard for anyone or maybe work has become easier?

Since the kids are home, we've had a lot of time to spend together. I've been spending time with my son doing some coding and gaming. Since he's getting older we're able to connect on a deeper level, which is amazing. My oldest daughter is a bit younger than my son and we still enjoy spending time together. She's all about watching movies and playing games, we also squeeze in a game or 7 of UNO 😆. Seems like a new game every time, hah. My youngest daughter is almost 9 months old and it's amazing to see her grow and develop. She's getting so big and time is just flying by.

Hopefully everyone is doing ok!

link

Samantha
🔮 Predictable
Threads: 58
Samantha
| 3 kids | 1 angel baby

3 months ago

I read something that parents were creating at home "movie theaters" where you go to the dollar store buy a bunch of cheap candies then set up a "concession stand" and give the kids fake money they can buy candy and drinks. Then you set up a movie in the living room. Make it a whole experience. That would be a fun family night and a great way to have fun with kids.

link
GDad
💤 Tired
Threads: 3
GDad

3 months ago
Samantha wrote

I read something that parents were creating at home "movie theaters" where you go to the dollar store buy a bunch of cheap candies then set up a "concession stand" and give the kids fake money they can buy candy and drinks. Then you set up a movie in the living room. Make it a whole experience. That...

That does sound like fun. Reminds of what they do in school with the mini concession stands on movie nights 🍿. I think the kids would like to pretend to purchase treats and popcorn. You could even print out fake money, I'm sure they would really like that.

link
Latest Threads
Ask and answer Monday ...
Samantha | 22 days ago
Baby name help
Jane | 22 days ago
Anything goes with Sam...
Samantha | 24 days ago
September 22nd
TaylorC1992 | 1 month ago
Ask and answer Monday ...
Samantha | 2 mo ago
Categories
Birth Months Getting Pregnant Pregnancy Baby's First Year Ages & Milestones Family Relationships Health & Self Help Birth Workers Samantha's Podcast Chat
Contact The Admin
Need help with something?
Contact The Admin

Amazon Shop
Melissa & Doug Smoothie Maker
The Melissa & Doug Smoothie Maker Blender Set is a 24-piece pretend play blender set that include...
Diaper Bag Backpack w/ Changing Pad
The multiple pockets and compartments on this large diaper backpack makes it spacious to hold all...
Master Workbench by Hape
The master workbench contains 35 pieces including a hammer, saw, screwdriver, wrench, vice, angle...
Podcast
Podcast image
Listen Now

Giveaways
$30.00 Target Gift card
target-giftcard
Enter the Giveaway!
You Go Glenn Coco!

All

Now that we really aren't allowed to hang out with people due to COVID It is clear who was a real friend and who wasn't. I hear from NOBODY and I am lonelier than ever.

0 0 6

All

covid 19 can suck it

1 0 0

Parenting

It sucks being a single parent of child with a disorder, specifically for me, ODD. I am regretting being a parent. And that is a sucky feeling.

0 0 8